This Email with the Subject "Profitable Business Investment Call Me" was received in one of Scamdex's honeypot email accounts on Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:43:00 -0800 and has been classified as a Generic Scam Email. The sender shows as Finance & Economic Affairs Dept. (South Africa) <firstname.lastname@example.org>, although that address was probably spoofed. We recommend that you do not attempt to contact any persons or organizations referenced in this email, or follow any URLs as you may expose yourself to scammers and, at the very least, you will be added to their email address lists for spam purposes.
PLEASE REPLY VIA THIS Email: email@example.com Dear Sir/Madam, URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL. After my official enquiry from the foreign trade office of the chambers of = commerce & industry here in Johannesburg South Africa, I decided to contact you but I did not disclose the intention to anyone els= e because of the delicate nature of the project. I found your profile very = interesting and decided to reach you directly to solicit for your assistanc= e and guidelines in making a business investment and transfer of US$30,000,= 000.00(Thirty million) to your country within the next few days. Please I must plead for your confidence in this transaction. I am a high pl= aced official working with Department of (Finance & Economic Affairs) in Jo= hannesburg. I and two other colleagues are currently in need of a silent fo= reign partnerwhose identity we can use to transfer this sum of money. But a= t this moment, I am constrained to issue more details about this profitable= business investment until I get your response by email, please if you can = take out a moment of your very busy schedule today to respond back to my pr= ivate email below for more details and include your private telephone numbe= r in your response which I and my colleagues will highly appreciate. This fund accrued legitimately to us as commission from foreign contracts, = through our private connections. The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from the bank here in South Af= rica to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By = virtue of our positions as civil servants in my country, we cannot acquire = this money in our names. Because as high placed civil servants, we are not = allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank account= s outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep t= he money here due to unstable political environment. I have been mandated a= s a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partne= r who could work with us to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual= benefit, hence the reason for this email. My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as foll= ows: (1) 15% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in f= acilitating the transfer, while the remaining 85% belongs to me and two col= leagues. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the= money hits your account in your country. Since our objective is to invest = the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help us with advices and= direction on investing into profitable ventures in your country. However, this is optional, and if it is not convenient for you to further a= ssist us with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you mak= e available to me our part of the money. The transaction, although discreet= , \is legitimate and the money will be transferred successfully with all ne= cessary back-up official documents showing the legitimate source/origin of = fund. The transfer will be effected within a period not longer than two wee= ks as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your in= terest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether = you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one= else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks e= ither to us or yourself. Please, give me your response immediately by returning this mail through m= y alternative email address. and call me on my direct line +27-73-7830-560 PLEASE REPLY VIA THIS Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Yours Faithfully, Mr.Temba Zulu Finance & Economic Affairs Dept. (South Africa)